Agnostic.com

8 0

How often do you use the word "god" or its equivalent?

How often do you still use the word god or its equivalent in your conversation with others or thinking to yourself?

#god
GoodMan 7 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

not often at all, doesnt come up much for me

So often I find it ironic. I live in the south and I incorporate it in a lot of my cussing, out of habit. Lord Jesus, Bless it, God Almighty, Jesus H, Bless you, Goddamn, Christ on a Cracker... lol I love using the Lord's name in vain.

???? I can relate ????????

On this site, way too much. I am looking forward to this site maturing into a more diverse forum where we can chat about other subjects and more often just assume we are all in agreement on the atheism part.
In general, very rarely. My mom has learned she cannot convert me back to the church, so we don't discuss religion much, and I am pretty good at steering conversations to secular topics. for cussing, I am more inclined to use 'crap', "ghrr', 'hmpf', 'shucks', or 'drats', with an occasional 'frak' when I have been indulging in too much sci-fi.

???? I hope my posts aren’t contributing too much to your use of expletives. Currently many of my posts are intended for casual conversation(getting members acquainted), but as the site grows, I’m sure there will be a variety of topics to choose from, and add to.

No worries. It's early days, and I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to rehashing atheism topics. If this site lasts long enough it will soon be active enough and have a diverse enough population to no longer be stuck on the novelty of our being all atheists and agnostics here.

Enough to irritate others.

I sometimes get annoyed when i hear others say its excessively, but I’m guilty of using it a lot also.

I still do occasionally, but it's always followed with "damn it". 😉

Same here, or “oh my god.” I’ve learned to replace oh my god with “oh my goodness.”

I use it often, I try to enjoy and engage in the rich, poetic, and beautiful mythological tradition of religion as much as possible without making any ridiculous claims on empirical, material reality that are basically a sad misinterpretation of ancient myth. ( if anyone wants me to elaborate on anything, just ask)

Haha.. Please explain; I'm curious.

I try no to use, but this word is part of my vocabulary since I was a little child

Many of us have used it or heard it for so long, it has become part of our subconscious mind; so some of us use it out of habit, rather than desire.

I try not to use unless I'm having a theist/atheist conversation. I do find myself using it when I swear. I'm trying to stop doing that.

That said, we have discussed it our group and the general consensus is that people understand that when we swear and invoke god's name it is just to show how strongly we feel about the subject. Somehow saying something like, "Holy Huckleberry" or "Dag nab it" just doesn't impart the same feeling or message. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.