Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Sharks come within feet of beachgoers in Florida

Wake up people. It's shark week for real! Go home and revisit "Jaws" and understand that we are in THEIR feeding grounds.

IAJO163 8 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps sharks could factory farm the imbeciles that go swimming in shark inhabited waters. That would give sharks a ready food supply, keep sharks away from the beaches and rid the world of some very retrograde genetic material and so prevent future contamination.

And idiot farm. Brilliant! LOL!!!

It may be news, but it’s not new news. I watched a pair of sharks, probably bull sharks, swimming among bathers from a 10th floor hotel room in Miami Beach. No one bothered them and they didn’t nibble on anyone.

I’ve seen small sharks caught off a pair at Pawley’s Zisland and caught a small stingray there. Even had what I now assume was a small shark brush my leg in 3 feet of water there. I had thought it a fish at the time. But, I’ve never had a fish get that close any other time.

Yes, we are visiting their home. It’s naive to think they won’t say hello.

I've snagged a few in my fishing life. The media is building this paranoia but there does seem to be a slight increase in the number of great white bites. They used to stay further out.

@IAJO163 There are a number of reasons, including the possibility that their natural food sources are declining because of warmer temperatures, increased biological pollution in waters near metropolitan areas, and increased human presence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368983
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.