Agnostic.com

6 0

So of all the captains in all the Star trek series... Which was the best and why?

starshipcaptain 4 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Captain Kirk. Because he was bigger than life; he made you believe that the crew of the Enterprise would follow him anywhere, as great Captains do; because we believed the illusion of that ship and that mythology. Had ST TOS failed, Star Trek would have disappeared without trace. The other characters were very important and great, but he was the glue that made it work. Shatner should be recognized for this. The later Captains, all very good. But Kirk was the model.

And the best Klingon captain was Christopher Lloyd, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock , as Kruge. Really great.

Picard was a thinker, but also a fighter. As a younger man, he'd fought a lot, and would get into trouble. He mellowed with age, but was still capable of taking it to the enemy. But he had a greater capacity for compassion and empathy, which I think made him a more capable leader, and someone who could be trusted to do the right thing.

And I won't deny it... Picard has enormous sex appeal. ?

miffy Level 5 Mar 16, 2018

Picard, hands down.

Focusing only on the original series vs. TNG, when compared with Captain Kirk, one is sometimes tempted to dismiss Jean-Luc Picard as being too cerebral. Notwithstanding Kirk’s fistfights, shoulder rolls and numerous dalliances, I find Picard as the one to emulate. Stabbed through the heart in a bar by Nausicaans, assimilated by the Borg as Locutus, tortured without surrendering to the Cardassians, taken on the Romulans and having had a passionate relationship with fellow anthropologist Vash, one simply cannot accuse Picard of being a dispassionate academic.

Admiral Ackbar.
Or Malcolm Reynolds.
I can't pick one over the other.

I'm a Star Trek fan but I can't say that I really have a favorite captain. Still, I'd say Kirk and Picard are out front, with Janeway a close third. They each brought something different to the shows they were on. Kirk was a fighter, Picard was a thinker, and Janeway was a bit of both.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.