Agnostic.com

4 5

This nonprofit gives veterans free, custom surfboards, lessons and peace

Wonderful!

[today.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

as a Canadian air force veteran i played many great golf courses on US military bases @ the same rates as US vets. i remember playing one of the GCs at Fort Ord, CA (closed many yrs ago & Gcs privatized) for $11. which was comparable to Pebble Beach which now costs $575. to play.

It is certainly nice a few veterans can enjoy these benefits but would also be wonderful if a higher percentage actual went to veterans. Must be a professional non profit that is run as a business.

Reminds me of a "nonprofit" that visited town several years ago. . .they solicited donations and provided (or updated) for one veteran a single dwelling. Local news did a similar story on how great this nonprofit was. This didn't smell right so I did a little research and found roughly 90% of funds raised by this "nonprofit" went into the salaries of the folks that ran the organization.

this happe

this happens more frequently than people know

Didn't track to article but am familiar with it great way to help those hurt by serving in military and hurt by the nightmare they experienced

bobwjr Level 10 July 7, 2019

@Bobwjr

Thank you for alerting me that the link did not work.

@LiterateHiker anytime sweety

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.