Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK World - moronic-and-clueless-boris-johnson-sparks-outrage-saying-everyone-in-britain-should-s - News - msn

Hola! Konnichiwa! This is racist and all too familiar, yes? Does a fear of diversity stand forth here? We don't have to be studied in different languages but we should be able to say Hello, Good Morning, etc in an effort to communicate with those we are surrounded by.

IAJO163 8 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YOU come to live in our country, YOU learn OUR language and OUR culture.

JacarC Level 8 July 22, 2019

Do you speak Cherokee? Soiux? Seminole?

@IAJO163 I get this. But this is a very different issue, as you KNOW. There is much to be considered and fixed. . . I am totally tired of attempting to contact ANY service provider and having to wait through the spanish shit. This is crap. You come here, You learn the language. This is expected in every other culture. We should expect the same. Otherwise, what is the point of our culture?

@Jacar Apparently someone knew that it would come to this because I remember in grade school that we had to take spanish as a second language. What did that say? Were they predicting the events of today? I have been to a few counties for extended stays and I attempted to learn enough of their language fo general conversational purposes, make purchases at stores, catch a cab etc. That's all we can ask unless it's required for employment.

@IAJO163 I loved spanish "class." 2 - 6th grade. I did good.

But that was now. American english is our language. It is important to not let it be superseded.

@Jacar Would that be your fear? What if you spoke enough spanish to be able to communicate to someone that you'd apprciate them communicating in English? It shows an effort to reach them on their level.

@IAJO163 I do know some spanish, and french, and german....
But that is not the point. Assimilation is essential to maintain our culture, which means the reasons they came here in the first place.
Too many examples in europe now where those that came for the freedom are attempting to change their new homes to be the shitholes they fled.

@Jacar My people were taken from their culture and had to assimulate into a culture that dismantled the presiding culture in this land and now we have to fear the origins striking back?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.