Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Spanish River Community High School principal apologizes for refusing to call Holocaust a 'factual, historical event' - The Washington Post

“I work to expose students to certain things but not all parents want their students exposed so they will not be and I can’t force that issue,” he wrote. “I can’t say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event because I am not in the position to do so as a school district employee."

The principal added that he approaches lessons about slavery in the same way, writing, “I do allow information about the Holocaust to be presented and allow students and parents to make decisions about it accordingly.”
I'm sorry (NOT) if exposure to FACTUAL HISTORICAL EVENTS LIKE THE EXTERMINATION OF JEWS (and others) AND SLAVERY make some of your students uncomfortable (their parents more likely, b/c they learned this discomfort at home). And why are school officials trying this, "oh, I can't take a stance" on historical events? Like he thinks, well, slavery really WAS about states' rights and had nothing to do with subjugation (good chance of this) and he might really think the Holocaust didn't happen....and who knows, that when the wind stops blowing, you can lose your television reception! (Oh, and let's not forget about those Revolutionary War Airports either, folks! Maybe he'll want to teach about THOSE!) Smh....

BookDeath 8 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This shit is happening everywhere. I looked at a Texas approved history book in the 90's and there was one paragraph about the Vietnam war. It is the dumbing down of America. It is another one of those things showing how "states rights" are incredibly dangerous.

Fire him very stupid racist idiot

bobwjr Level 10 July 8, 2019

He should be fired for racism, antisemitism and refusing to teach the truth.

A terrible role model for students.

We need Civics and a return to facts. Too many don't know or believe in the holocaust. Hell, the everyday American doesn't really know WWII - the losses in countries across Europe and China. Holocaust numbers - 6.5 million Jews, 1.5 million Roma, and 1.5 million others (communists, gays, other religions, etc).

This man is not fit to be an educator of children. Even when the truth is unpalatable, especially when the truth is unpalatable, it must be told. We cannot allow selective facts or alternative facts to be passed off as history, this is doing our children a disservice and is cowardly and disrespectful to those who laid down their lives in previous generations. How can we learn not to to repeat the mistakes of history if the truth is whitewashed?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.