Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Funny Glassdoor reviews for FDAnews

Never piss off a journalist! I was alerted to the reviews for this company and they are absolutely hilarious!

"An Endless Proctology Exam (Without the Laughter)"

Pros
You will sin freely ever after because Hell will hold no fear for you.

Cons
The place is run by a vinegary hag with the IQ of house paint who spends her free time luring German children to her gingerbread cottage deep in the woods. When a parade of us went to the parent company (WCG Clinical) for help, HR promised us "major changes." They fired two of the whistle-blowers and gave us company socks. Oh: The donuts suck.

"'Mad Max' meets 'The Road' -- journalism version"

Pros
Free parking and donuts Actual price of said parking and donuts: your journalism career, and your soul. Not necessarily in that order.

Cons
The depths of mediocrity plumbed by this sorry excuse for a company are difficult to fathom, let alone describe, but here it goes: From an editorial perspective, FDAnews has no reason to exist. No one here actually does journalism. Instead, at the insistence of the owner, who runs a workplace powered by abusiveness, tyranny, arrogance, ignorance, and myopia, and who wouldn’t recognize quality journalism if it jumped in her lap and waived a Pulitzer, reporters simply regurgitate online government documents and press releases that other companies summarize more thoroughly, and for free ... To summarize, this place is a news organization in the same way that road kill is meat. Do not work here if you can possibly avoid it. Flipping burgers and writing or editing for a real company on the side would be of more long-term benefit to your career. FDAnews slowly drowns its editorial staff in a toxic sludge of disempowerment, contempt, and recrimination. Don’t be one of the victims.

"DO NOT PASS GO"

Pros
Stale donut and bagel Fridays

Cons
Everything. The whole company is run by a micromanaging tyrant of a woman who is on the bring of pure psychosis ...

Other tidbits:

"I cried. I needed anxiety medication. I was emotionally scarred."

"FDAnews is a Kafka-esque wasteland of backstabbing and fear-mongering, starting all the way at the top. Overseeing everything is a woman who is an amalgamation of Meryl Streep’s character in “The Devil Wears Prada” and Donald Trump. She combines the worst traits of both — deception, narcissism, petulance, manipulation, paranoia, micromanagement and, when all else fails, abusiveness — into a witch’s brew that permeates the organization."

Organization in question: [fdanews.com]

The CEO: [wcgclinical.com]

altschmerz 9 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They're clearly excellent journalists! I enjoyed their descriptive writing.

dkp93 Level 8 July 13, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:373307
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.