Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK House wants Pentagon IG to examine whether U.S. weaponized ticks

Wow! What a concept! Could it be an actual possibility? When's the movie coming out?

IAJO163 8 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's called 'entomological warfare'--the use of insects in war. The Japanese used crop-destroying insects in China, during WWII. The Americans may have experimented with this during the 'Secret War' against Cuba, in the early 1960s. Paleolithic tribes used beehives to flush enemies out of caves. It wouldn't surprise me if the US government experimented with ticks.

As someone with Lyme disease, I've always thought this was one of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories. Ticks and bacteria that weaken the host make great co-evolvers. It's a very beneficial relationship for them.

Anything is possible, likelihood varies. In this case, not terribly likely. Ticks would be an easily defended against vector. And Lyme disease is easily treatable, not contagious, and not debilitating. And how would they have created this disease in the early 70s? I'll wait for evidence, until then it's just another tiresome conspiracy theory.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.