Agnostic.com

4 1

Why do you think they elected a Latino to be the Pope?

Does it have to do with people leaving the Catholic church to join other religions...or is the fact many people are embracing Atheism?

DUCHESSA 8 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually I like this pope!

Trust me, he is a people's guy...You could stop him on the streets of Buenos Aires and he would talk with you, he is very friendly, a good soccer player, very sociable.....he qualifues to be a politician.

It was their turn. It looked good to have someone from South America. It was a great PR move.

Fortunately his election did not increase the number of believers in Argentina.

I would suspect a downturn in minority church attendance. A minority Pope would be good for business and public relations.

I don't like the word "minority" .

I don't really care for it myself. Often minority does nto really signify the least number, but rather the least powerful. The way the word is commonly used is often not a good reflection of actual representation. However, I use it for lack of a better word that is generally understood.

It is like using words which had religious origins. I don't like to use them, but sometimes they are the best word to use to best convey my meaning.

I am often frustrated by the limitations of language, as there simply are no wrods to adequate describe some ideas or emotions, and the words we use are often lacking in beign able to convey what we mean. I just do the best I can with what words are available.

change things up a bit? better than a nazi

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3764
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.