Agnostic.com

2 1

Any tips/advice for self producing a short film?

A close friend of mine is in the process of writing & then directing a short film. This is their first time working on such a project & I was wondering if anyone had any insight? I've been helping with hashing out the story details, talking through character dynamics, & providing some psychologic perspective. Otherwise, I don't have the experience either to be of much use - aside from being supportive & maybe standing in for a role if needed.
Thanks in advance!

Decieven 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Directors can be cinematographers....but lighting....film or digital.....zoom or stationary .....one 2 or 3 camera shooting can save on editing or post production time.....sound can be simultaneously or separately re-mixed....indoor or outdoor takes can be affected by building noise weather or flying birds....you might consider a narrator to keep it all together and inform the audience of ambient smell or tastes not mentioned by the actor/s.....have fun ....learn this complex art of story telling story watching story hearing by who ever you want your audience 2 b

I would think it would greatly depend on what type of film you intend on producing.

Let's just say that a film on paint drying would be different that an action film.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.