Agnostic.com

6 0

Worth Doing?- Device that lets crippled stand from wheelchair.

I want to assemble a device that when attached to a wheelchair or ordinary chair will let a paralyzed person stand by themselves. Can also be used by the weak as well. Is this worth doing?

RusselHappy 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It sure is. Standing is one of the most underrated and taken for granted abilities I can think of.

1. Far easier & safer to see what you are grabbing/pulling/reaching for!
  2. They can stop having their faces in every crotch, interact face-to-face at last!

Don’t mean to seem like a needy member but can anyone point to a reference with regards to the wheelchair accessory industry. I’m worried about spending time and money building my wheelchair/chair accessory only to economically fail. It seems such a crowded market. My design attaches to old and new wheelchairs/chairs and is not a wheelchair. I trust this community that is why I asked. Don’t want to seem needy. Apologies if I come across as one. I’ve done my research and the conventional wheelchair still dominates the industry.

There are similar things already. But I'd say yes, it's worth doing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.