Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Bernie Sanders: US policy in Mideast can't be 'pro-Israel, pro-Israel, pro-Israel'

A sticky subject here. I once posted about this and a remark I made got some folks upset. I don't regret that. Fairness is the key.

IAJO163 8 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I trust Sanders about as far as I could throw a freight train. Anyone who would stoop to the level of endorsing Clinton can never be given my trust. It'll take more than words, it will take ACTION.

THHA Level 7 July 27, 2019

It's the religious hard right wing in both Israel and America that keeps the 2-state solution out of reach. As long as Jewish and Christian extremists insist that Israel has a "God given" right to all of the land in the "historic" Israel, those seeking a genuine diplomatic solution will be at a disadvantage.

Diplomacy is based on compromise. There's no compromise when one side has already staked out, in advance, a position that says, "We get everything and that's that."

The only way forward is for Israelis to vote out their hard right government and vote in moderates who genuinely want a solution, and for Americans to do the same. Sadly, we alternate between administrations who want a peace process (Clinton, Obama) and those who pander to the religious right (Bush, trump...).

@powder I'm guessing they would use their cognitive dissonance. "The dating techniques are flawed." "The samples are contaminated." "God made the data misleading in order to test our faith."

Israel is the only civilized nation in the region. Of course we should support them.

zesty Level 7 July 27, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.