Agnostic.com

2 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Years ago there was a Monty Python dvd-rom game called a complete waste of time so is the above with a republican-controlled senate who is bought and paid for by special interests.

But we can't depend on that. We need to move forward with voting the SOB out next year.

Whoever the Democratic nominee is, just hold your nose and vote for him or her. Get out there and vote. Because even if the House impeaches, the Senate will not convict, and you KNOW it.

The next election is the only way.

Is that a false choice? Can't they move to impeach AND get out the vote too?

@Athena I concur, the political realities of a Senate controlled by Republicans who have not demonstrated an inch of spine between them means he would never be convicted even if impeached.

trump's base is actually a minority among Republicans and shrinking according to most analyses I've read, but they're loud and obnoxious, and any Republicans who offend them fear being driven out of the party establishment. They'd rather wait for Democrats to do the job for them, and then afterwards say "I was against him all the time." Once trump is gone, the rewriting of history will begin on the Republican side.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.