Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Stinque » We Blew It All Up

"We blew it all up. We blew up the only America I had known, the one that had its problems, serious problems, mind you, but an America where we had acknowledged those problems and set ourselves to working on them. America was in Deep Shit — the Seventies were rough — but nothing we couldn’t handle with honesty and determination.

That was the illusion of my childhood, my world of Aberration America, thinking we could address problems with honesty and determination. Yeah, no. Fuck that. Let’s just lie to ourselves and call it solved. You got a problem, that’s your problem. Slavery ended a century ago. Colored water fountains are black-and-white photos. Everything’s fixed now, Michael Jackson is cool, and Welfare Queens just happen to be Black. Shut up and party."

WilliamCharles 8 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

" (like the post-WWII creation of an affluent middle class) are the aberrations, rather than the norm."
sadly, that's true. the destruction of the middle class continues apace.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379966
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.