Agnostic.com

7 8

Every day I see more and more similarities between how we viewed the Soviet Union during the Cold War and how things are done here in the US now.
Funny how we, as a nation, are so quick to point our finger yet we follow down the same path.

Crimson67 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indeed we do. I guess it's a way of mind control. The US government thrives on fear of those who live in the country (and in all the other western countries).

Gert Level 7 Mar 17, 2018

Right now of all the enemies the USA has we need to fear our president the most. He is such a f** ass**** he might get us in a nuclear war.

Americans, stop beating yourselves up. You're just the same as everybody else.

It is so hard for us to face up to the fact that sometimes we're the bad guys.

Sometimes? Perhaps if you start with a modified statement, leave "sometimes" out of your "it" and then progress from there it will become easy to grasp how others feel.

The U.S. was founded on hypocrisy, so it stands to reason.

Outdo British piracy?

Not even I would agree to that.

@FrayedBear That has nothing to do with the principles on which our country was founded.

@Sticks48 and @El-loco You mean that after the war of independence Americans didn't continue the piracy of stealing land from the First Nations people, killing the bison and carrier pigeons, raping the land of gold, ... And then continuing in other countries just like their English pioneers taught them?

I must have been getting my history from FOX or Murdoch only I don't recall either being important when I was at primary school!
😀

@FrayedBear Has absolutely nothing to do with our constitution. Of course they carried their European ideas of ownership of the land and conquering the indigenous people. That is the way I see it. I know it is more complicated than that.

@Sticks48 Wikipedia -
"According to the United States Senate: "The Constitution's first three words—We the People—affirm that the government of the United States exists to serve its citizens. For over two centuries the Constitution has remained in force because its framers wisely separated and balanced governmental powers to safeguard the interests of majority rule and minority rights, of liberty and equality, and of the federal and state governments."

Which really does tell us how this document results in the majority of members of Agnostics.com being led by a president they would not spit on if they found him on fire in the street.

But let us go back to the creation of the four pages of parchment on which the Constitution is written, for I wish to ask you a question "Where did the knowledge base and experience come from that resulted in its content? Was it the English and French? Did it include piracy? Did it include all people or were large numbers like the slaves and First Nations People disenfranchised?" ... that I suggest is the work of English & French piracy or as Professor Cipolla would call them "robbers" not working for everyone's benefit."

"And what is the situation today? I read that 200+ years since the writing of the original Constitution and discovery of its inadequacy many Amendments necessary to safeguard the rights of "We the People" (because of the inadequacy of the Constitution that a mysterious one percent and corporations effectively rule the "We the People" ) the people are still, in the richest country in the world, dying from lack of medical facilities, housing, functioning cooperative societies, civil obedience and an honourable judicial system. That is not a reaction to or result of piracy that started in 1066 with the Norman (French) Conquest of England followed by Ireland?"

Isnt it just? if theres any dougbt theres no dought

yes and arming the Afghans against the Russians only to fight the same people firing at you with the guns you armed them with.

It's even funnier that the people bringing us to the USSR lifestyle/politic are the people who would have/did support McCarthyism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.