Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK The Big Boy locomotive from Union Pacific is crossing America.

"The world’s largest steam engine is making its way across the country, attracting crowds in cities and small towns wherever it goes. Currently chugga-chugga-choo-chooing across the Midwest, the hulking black engine is spreading old-fashioned analog delight across America’s heartland and leaving wholesome local news stories in its wake. The steam engine’s name is Big Boy, and he is a very big boy."

CynicalGirl 5 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fantastic, although not a railway buff I love the steam era, especially the innovations in the Victorian era. Would love to see that engine in action!

@CynicalGirl Just a few! I’ll watch out for a documentary on NG or Discovery etc.

I wonder, does he run on coal? If yes, there is nothing romantic about coal. It's filthy dirty, makes everything gray and pollutes the environment, but still looks good.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:381926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.