Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This appears to be an attempt at an academic discussion. However, the language utilized at times tends to leave me skeptical in the credibility and research veracity of the author. Some the drawn conclusions were tenuous at best.

I had been lead to understand that during Medieval times bathing by the peasantry was looked upon with suspicion. Most peasants at the time equated diseases with water. They thought that most diseases were passed on through water. Thet were not sure of the reason it happened, just considered water the source.

I am not a Medieval historian and my expertise is limited to non-academic research into the period. Just an vocational intetest.

You do know that Bubonic Plague is spread by fleas, right? Maybe upper classes, with servants to tote & heat the water, bathed regularly, but not enough to prevent One Third of the population from dying of plague.......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382958
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.