Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Ronald Reagan called Africans at UN 'monkeys', tapes reveal - BBC News

So their hero was an asshole . . . . who would have guessed!

Archeus_Lore 7 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is consistent with the Republican Party line; then and now. Republicans have practiced racial and sexual discrimination throughout my lifetime. Let me make a case for my assertion. Let's start by stating a primary tenet to the Republican Party platform. Republicans believe in fiscal responsibility, leading to lesser central governmental control. I don't think many would disagree with this statement.

Well, given that at that time of Reagan, almost all of the economy was held and controlled by white males, of course they wanted less outside interference. Less interference meant they could continue to control the counties wealth.

Controlling the countries wealth lead to a reluctance or abhorrence for supporting social programs and the less fortunate in society. Given these "less fortunate" individuals were not actively participating in the economy, but reliant upon those individuals that were (again white males) they therefore must be of lesser value since their contribution is less.

Therefore, since they are of lesser value, they are lesser humans and worthy of ridicule and indignation. Calling them "monkies" is alright, they are lesser. Only difference is that with Trump it's out in the open and the official Party platform.

IMO this has been an underlying tenet of the Republican Party for as long as I can remember, and I'm 65 years old.

ReaGUN the racist asshole from Dixon Illinois swimming pool life guard hero yup u betcha my parents hated his liar ass guts for years in Des Moines Iowa WHO RADIO fake sports play by play "commentator"

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:383107
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.