Agnostic.com

6 1

Does anybody ever realize how badly the war on drugs has failed? Do we realize how much money has been spent on this war on drugs? Do we realize how much gun violence is related to drugs.

Do we really what a war on guns?

Leutrelle 7 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But it is not a "War on Guns" any more than insisting people have drivers licenses for the class of vehicle they drive is a "War on Cars". You don't let somebody driver a 16 wheeler on a moped license do you? It's all about appropriate licenses and registration.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Maybe we should just look at Portugal and Switzerland and follow their model. Look it up yourselves. I am too tired tonight.

If we could secure the southern border we could slow the drugs down but we’ll never stop them. Maybe we should take China’s approach, execute the drug dealers. Hell most crime including gun violence is drug related.

@Stevil Good point. I tend to think that drugs should be legal for adults, and that would drive the price down along with much of the gun death.

Do you include Alcohol and Tobacco when talking about drugs?

jimny Level 2 Mar 17, 2018

I was just speaking of illegal drugs. The kind that the illegal gun culture is involved in.

@Leutrelle As history has proven. When you make something that people want illegal they will go to other sources to get it. As it is then illegal. vendors have to use illegal means to protect their interests. This then produces a spiral of need and protectionism. The only way to remove this spiral is to remove its cause. In this case make the substances legal and the crime no longer exists. If the crime no longer exists vendors can then rely on legal means to protecting their business and customers can get government assurances about quality etc of the product. The gun problem then goes away

It isnt working is it?Kind of like Prohibition worked

@doglvr1882 not sure they need that excuse

@Stevil didnt work for what they wanted it to do. anyway you getting any of that money?

A famous polititician [I forgot who] once said ""You can't legislate the public morals" I think he was right. IMO gambling, drugs, prostitution should all be legal. The individual should monitor his/her own conduct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.