Agnostic.com

5 1

QUESTION Catholic Church moves to canonize Dorothy Day | New York Post

Lots of questions about what makes a saint. My parents ran with Dorothy Day back when they were young. Started the Catholic Worker.

Does she deserve to be canonized? Does a saint have to be perfect?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who cares she is in the same place all of us will be in the ground.

The RCC gets to decide if she "deserves" canonization or whatever. I just sit on the sidelines and shake my head.

There are no saints. Just like there is no god. They are just another religious con. I really think you need to reconsider whether you are agnostic - your posts show quite clearly you are religious.

@Akfishlady I appreciate your ability to consider another's point of view even if it isnt in agreement with your own

@Akfishlady Well I'm allowed to criticise your opinions and if I want to discuss the wonders of mother teresa or saints I can go on a religious site. So maybe we shouldn't 'continue to 'have this label'. What's to discuss? You're just perpetuating this nonsense. If you want to waste your time discussing fantasy topics, go ahead - personally I prefer to 'take things literally' & live in the real world. Bye.

Sorry, my thoughts on sainthood-ness, are similar to religion in general. "Once upon a time there existed this person who was MORE worthy/deserving... Blah." Those ideas set up stupid expectations, I feel, as well as, (as you insinuated) ignore the grand, laudable, gradual (yet never attainable) attempts of some humans to become better people. (Off my soapbox now, lol)

@Akfishlady I love that thought!

Lots of imperfect saints

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.