Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Jeffrey Epstein's death is a perfect storm for conspiracy theories

Many of us are guilty but mine is part of the majority. Now the media will attempt to dispel any notion that foul play was involved which will make the prison he was in look quite inept, yes?

IAJO163 8 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If that jail is anything like the prison where I've worked for 20 years, there are between 40 and 120 prisoners to every officer, and there is a constant stream of people coming to you asking for things- paperwork, toilet paper, soap, asking why the phones don't work, where are my visitors, what time is dinner, this guy is bothering me all the time- and rules to enforce; don't pass items from cell to cell, don't cluster around the tables, don't group up on the yard. There are fights, there is contraband beng found, there are reports to write and endless paperwork and administration coming through checking on you, and between all that, you find time to make your required rounds every 20 or 30 minutes.

There's no TIME to put one particular prisoner under special surveillance unless he's been singled out and put in observation, which evidently Epstein wasn't. Were remarks made that the world would be better off without him? Probably; by both staff and prisoners. In which case, it was unprofessional conduct and should be investigated, but will never be proven. But there was no case of any officers deliberately leaving him to hang himself.

This was no conspiracy. It happens in prison. Usually it's a cry for attention, but not this time.

Your point is noted but he's a very high profile case with a very damaging list of powerful names associated with him. Maybe the conspiracy theories are a better way to divert people from the truth. Your experience is appreciated but the reality is that prison's can't be generalized. They're not all the same. Power and influence may make it so that the true facts never come out.

@IAJO163 I've read that this one has a history of being worse than most, if that's any help.

@Paul4747 Okay. I live in a prison rich city.

Trump is blaming it on Clinton.

Whew! Finally he takes a break from blaming Obama for everything including his own issues!

@Canyonrunner Anyone but him....

I am a skeptic and am not prone to fall into the conspiracy theory trap, but this death is just too convenient to too many people. It seems to me that, if he wasn't outright murdered, he was certainly given the tools (sheet, whatever) and the opportunity (lack of surveillance) to off himself.

Look.

He was not (as far as I've read) on suicide watch at the time.

"Given the tools"? People in prison have a RIGHT to bedding, clothing (including belts and shoes, which come with shoelaces), and other furnishings.

Opportunity? If that jail is anything like the prison where I've worked for 20 years, there are between 40 and 120 prisoners to every officer, and there is a constant stream of people coming to you asking for things- paperwork, toilet paper, soap, asking why the phones don't work, where are my visitors, what time is dinner, this guy is bothering me all the time- and rules to enforce; don't pass items from cell to cell, don't cluster around the tables, don't group up on the yard. There are fights, there is contraband beng found, there are reports to write and endless paperwork and administration coming through checking on you, and between all that, you find time to make your required rounds every 20 or 30 minutes.

There's no TIME to put one particular prisoner under special surveillance unless he's been singled out and put in observation, which evidently Epstein wasn't. Were remarks made that the world would be better off without him? Probably; by both staff and prisoners. In which case, it was unprofessional conduct and should be investigated, but will never be proven. But there was no case of any officers deliberately leaving him to hang himself.

This was no conspiracy. It happens in prison. Usually it's a cry for attention, but not this time.

@Paul4747 : He was on suicide watch, then was taken off of it; and shortly thereafter killed himself. It is my understanding that those on suicide watch are denied certain things that they can use to harm themselves and are put under 24 hour watch.

@Joanne His suicide attempt was some time ago, from what I read. Nevertheless, we're obliged to see the facts before we draw a conclusion.

@Paul4747 Oh, I agree. I want facts, not conjecture. I simply have some doubts.

@Joanne Many of us do and as we only know of a few names on that influential list I'd be won't to say that there's a reasonable assumption that "silence is golden"

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:387227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.