Agnostic.com

7 13

I got home three hours ago, and it's just occurred to me that in all that time my e-cig has been in my bag - I didn't reach for it once because I've been too absorbed in reading posts on here... so it seems that Agnostic.com might be helping me to crack my 30-year nicotine addiction! Hurrah!

Jnei 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are other things to do than smoke, like save some money!

jeffy Level 7 Mar 18, 2018

That's why I gave up cigarettes - it'd cost me not far off £100 a week with current prices. Vaping costs less than £10 a week though!

GREAT!

That is brilliant, I gave up over 13 years ago

Good for you!!!

Yay! We're a more addictive and only slightly less harmful drug!! =D

Be careful of those, they still have the bad stuff, just not as much tar. The best way to quit is to go cold turkey. Wake up in the morning, and just do not smoke. Period. I’m not saying you will feel great, you will have physical and mental withdrawal. Physical withdrawal will be over in a few days. Mental withdrawal (and the reason people ‘cant’ quit) will take longer.

The hard truth is that you do not want to quit, or else you would have. It’s a decision, not a dependence. I know you don’t believe me, but if you manage to quit, you will see I am correct. 😉

I smoked for twenty five years. This year will mark my ten year anniversary of being a non cig smoker.

I tried cold turkey many times - but the trouble is, just as you say, I don't want to quit... I still remember my first cigarette, back in the 1980s, and I absolutely loved it.

@Jnei
You’ll get there. Don’t worry. I tried quitting many times, over many years. 🙂

@Jnei I used the psyche route successfully 17 years ago. I loved smoking but I didn't want to be a smoker. The mind is a powerful thing. Congratulations on your first steps!

@EllenDale I wish I could call vaping a first step - I've been doing it for four years now!

@Jnei I chew the nicotine gum, 1 mg when needed. My friends worried I have just exchanged one addiction for another and I'll still get cancer, but my doctor assured me that it's the inhaling that is dangerous and 1 mg won't cause me addiction. So I use gum guilt-free.

One addiction for another! At least this one is better for the lungs, haha. I'm happy for you that you're possibly kicking such an old habit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38804
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.