Agnostic.com

6 18

Valentine Poem for my daughter Claire

Just sent this to my daughter Claire, age 30. I found the poem in her baby book.

Valentine Poem for Claire, age 7

When I think of you, Claire,
my heart fills with pride.
I feel warm, happy
and loving inside.

So, I bug you with kisses
on top of your head.
And kiss you again
when asleep in your bed.

Claire's reply, age 29:

Oh Mom, this is so sweet, made me tear up! Love you. ❤️

Photos:

Claire got to choose her birthday cake each year. For her seventh birthday, she wanted a Dalmatian dog cake. I like a challenge.

Using an Easter bunny cake mold, I baked a chocolate cake at Claire's request. With a bread knife, I carved dog ears and a tail from French bread, attaching them with toothpicks.

Claire is wearing a soft cotton knit shirt I made with a hair scrunchy that matches her pants. I made her clothes a little big for room to grow.

My little furnace. Since Claire is always hot, I made her clothes from breathable cotton with deep pockets for rocks and other treasures.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our Children... maybe the only form of Reincarnation that makes sense or I understand. Our Most Beloved Pieces of Our Heart.

Sweet

Thanks for submitting something nice. We need more of that.

MrDMC Level 7 Aug 17, 2019

Awwwwww!

Wonderful post.

Beautiful sentimental |Poem , so very happy she loved it so much

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389896
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.