Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Why Nobody Cares the President Is Lying

An older article, but just as true now (if not more so).

'By now, it ought to be evident that enemies are important to this administration, whether they are foreigners, refugees, international bankers or the press.

But discrediting independent sources of information also has two major advantages for Mr. Trump: It helps insulate him from criticism and it allows him to create his own narratives, metrics and “alternative facts.”

All administrations lie, but what we are seeing here is an attack on credibility itself.

The Russian dissident and chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov drew upon long familiarity with that process when he tweeted: “The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”'

Paul4747 8 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump also feels that ANY press, even bad press, is actually good press.

Kasparov is correct however. I dialed way back on my news watching. It just gets me too fired up to see a total idiot destroying our country and way of life. Wiping out advances it took decades to reach.

It’s exhausting in many ways, to the point where I avoid 75% of all Trumptwat news. Otherwise I’d be insane!

Yes...there is ample evidence that this has happened already. The Internet has been a key ally in this inability by people to distinguish truth from “fake news”, propaganda, and downright lies. I think the other factor in Trump getting away with saying and doing almost anything with impunity, is his followers don’t care, because he is telling them what they want to hear, and they don’t care whether it’s the truth or not.

I don't think my critical thinking has been exhausted, but I have sort of become calloused to all the lies since about 95% of everything coming from his ill formed mouth is a lie.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.