Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Two former Jehovah's Witnesses recount sexual abuse by leaders

"Pretty sick stuff."

FTA: Steele, who grew up in New York and is now living in Orlando, Florida, claims she was still in diapers when Jehovah’s Elder Donald Nicholson, a family friend, started molesting her in the mid-1970s.

“My first memory would be of him fondling me when I was just about 2 or 3 years old while he held me in the back seat of my dad’s car,” Steele told The Post.

She alleged that Nicholson, now 82, would molest her while she sat on his lap “right in the middle of meetings” with other members of the institution.

“I don’t think he was ever afraid of ever getting caught,” Steele said.

As a kid growing up in the organization, Steele said, her life was shrouded in a culture of fear.

If she didn’t follow her elders’ orders and obey every rule she says sge was told, “demons and other scary things” would come after her. So she kept quiet about the abuse until around age 10, when she finally told her mother.

But because the insular organization considers outsiders under Satan’s rule, her mom brought the case before the institution’s elders before going to the police.

zblaze 7 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All cults do this, big ones & little ones.

Varn Level 8 Aug 22, 2019

All of the sexual abuse cases that are mentioned here are perpetrated by mern. Men in power positions, religious, political;, family positions. I refuse to pay more attention to one over the other. It is men and their abnormal desires and behaviors. that's where the channge has to begin and end. I am truly sick of this.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:392454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.