Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK The War on Sensemaking, Daniel Schmachtenberger - YouTube

Simulated reality, politics, religion, information-ecology, rivalry, climate change, capitalism, memetic evolution, AI, extinction, God, Jesus, belief, truth, cognitive complexity, science, market forces, signal to noise ratios, spirituality, and the Hegelian dialectic!

"...almost no one who has fervent ideas has a good epistemic basis for the level of certainty they hold."

skado 9 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wait, how can we trust this guy telling us what should be trustworthy?

I have been experimenting with a lot of these ideas recently, and I have been trying to figure out a way to disrupt the flow of misinformation in a fundamental way.

That being said, this was a lot to say "fake news is real"

All this being said, there are some things that are not epistemic at all, for example morality, personal preferences, or what political opinions we have. For these things, we can't say for sure that anything is correct because there can be no right or wrong. You can never make sense of these things, and if you try you will fail.

Excellent title! lol

Thank you for posting this video!! Very informative and totally engrossing!!

Thanks for posting this. I've listened and I'm listening again. Rings true on so many points. Especially the whole sound byte, 8th grade, ignorant thing. That got my attention first. Gee...makes me think the fact we have an 8th grade level president is at least partly due the US's current level of 8th grade mentality and a direct reflection or result of the way he was marketed to the masses......hmmmm....
There's lots more, to be sure. My little brain is soaking it all up.

the potus having 8th grade mentality is generous. Maybe he is stuck in puberty phase, but he truly has patience, ego, and temper of a toddler. Your comment did make me smile.

Started to listen, really great..saved it to listen to.it all as I have to go to bed and have missed great info here I can never find again. Thanks for sharing this.

Skanko! Are you still here?

If this is about Normality hinging on the people being fed lies, distractions, obfuscations, etc. then you're right.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:392603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.