Agnostic.com

5 0

I'm looking to discover some new music. I mainly listen to hard-rock/metal tunes. But I like rap and hip hop as well. I'm not a huge mondern country fan but I like old school stuff. Share your favorite song and I'll check it out, and if you want, let me know why it's your favorite.

AthanTheAtheist 4 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not very internet savvy, but I love Assemblage 23, his song Damaged speaks to me in particular.

how weird you want ?

What you ask I find very difficult without knowing what artists and genres you already know. There are so many directions I could go. And there is no way I could pick a favorite. But I know a lot of music, and am almost certain I could point you in the direction of some great stuff if you could provide a little more direction. Amongst many other things, I too listen to a lot of hard rock & metal as well. So as a start, I'm gonna present you with something that I think is great, but also somewhat lesser known. The band is well known in the underground, but the song is from one of their lesser acclaimed albums which I feel is underrated. The song is very guitar dominant, has an excellent riff, is highly melodic, and has well-conceived transitions, progressions, and structure. I also hits a sweet spot between metal & hard rock. The only thing I can really see you taking issue with is the vocal style which, while well done, is sort of a cross between conventional singing and the growl type of vocalizing of extreme metal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like so many bands/artists it would be impossible to name them all. I like older groups like Metallica, Van Halen, The Eagles, or Fleetwood Mac. I also like newer groups like Periphery, Trivium, Nothing More, and Alter Bridge. Sticking to the rock/metal genre with these examples of course.

@AthanTheAtheist I looked up Nothing More (never heard of them, shocked at how many millions of views they had). They have similarities to a much lesser known band which sadly only made one album from 2013. Tell me what you think?

Lombardo
Crain
Patton
Pearson

In that case, you might enjoy the "Eclectic Jams" Group 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 18, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.