Agnostic.com

4 7

A friend posted this on facebook. Seemed right to share it.

Betty 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a time lag from the time your heart stops functioning and the brain ceases to work. This may be upwards of ten minutes. During that time it is conceivable that one knows they are dead. I know, kind of a disturbing thought. The point here is that the first part of the meme, though essentially accurate, is probably not completely true.

The second part is fine as is.

My favorite statement is aimed more toward ignorance, "They don't know what they don't know." One example that springs to mind, I'm male and therefore have never experienced childbirth. I have no idea what the actual process is like from the viewpoint of a baby trying to get out of my body. Same with arrogant people, they don't what to "see" and learn about anything outside of what they already know. SO, they cannot speak on any thoughts or emotions other than what they have, up to this time, experienced.

Hmmm. I don't quite understand the stupid remark. Death is like falling askeep. Not waking up. You may have a dream or two. When i slept, i didnt know what was going on around me. The bottom line is the memories before you die. You can say I've lived a good life and peacefully move on. Who knows whats on the other side of death? There are a billion stars in the sky. I see them therefore i know they're there. Thats all i know. So who really knows whats our next step is.

It gets right to the point. 😀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.