Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Researcher crushes Jiminy 'Cricket' myth - UPI Archives

Shocking news!

The most famous insect movie star of all time, Jiminy Cricket, is a fraud, an insect expert has charged, alleging the cartoon character is not a cricket at all.

Photo: early Jiminy Cricket designs by Ward Kimball

altschmerz 9 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shit! So I suppose you are now going to tell me that Disney’s The Jungle Book is not a direct existential challenge to Kipling’s internal struggle with primitive man’s relationship with the natural world and his need to transcend the jungle of transparent misanthropy relevant to the ethos of late Victorian philosophy inherent in the British Raj, especially after the 1857 rebellion?

His complete lack of existence might be a clue, but then that has never stopped god

He is a reformed Mormon cricket.

No reformed Mormon Cricket is some sort of non aggressive baseball 😏

I kept looking for some kind of satire disclaimer. I didn't see one. smh

I'm aware the Chinese have an ancient, deep reverence for crickets.
I think Disney used artistic license when designing Jiminy Cricket, and I like him.
The writer of the article obviously doesn't value crickets as one should, imho.
About Chinese reverence for crickets: [theclassroom.com]

@altschmerz
No, I didn't see Mulan, though now I want to because of the cricket.
The reason I defended Jiminy Cricket is: "Ah yes, I remember him well."
I saw him with my French grandparents when about four years old.

@altschmerz
I can speak embarrassingly little French (as was obvious in 2015 while in France), yet with immersion I could speak much more. I do understand much dialogue in French movies, so I don't need subtitles very much.

My grandmother was from Marseille, and grandfather from Brest. My grandmother was a lace maker, crocheter and embroiderer in New York. My grandfather was in the French Maritime several years in Tahiti. Then they both moved and met in San Francisco. They owned a delicatessen and did all the work themselves ... Grandma was cook, and it was delicious, particularly the main courses and side dishes. I may have given too much information here.

Are your ancestors from Europe too?

@altschmerz
Even a little socializing with one's grandparents is good for a sense of one's ethnic culture.
Seeing them in very old photos, it seemed like 110 years ago, from an era that was utterly different and nostalgic and could be rendered into a painting.

@altschmerz
It's very nice to get to know you.

Joe Montana ain't a state, but who cares.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.