Agnostic.com

4 0

Which statement requires the least assumption? 'God did it' or 'Evolution did it'?

Simplest with least assumption = best answer?

atheist 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am an Agnostic so I am not sure.

The idea of a god is fraught with issues, including exactly what is meant when you say 'god'. If there is a god, I doubt it is a personal entity, more likely a force inherent in nature with no personality. I do have panthestic tendencies...ha.

If there is no god then the serious questions of how, and why come up. How did clay became man, it appears to be a long and involved story with a lot of almost unbelievable amount of luck involved...but obiviously over a tremendous period of time.

And why...how does existence make sense?

cava Level 7 Mar 19, 2018

God can not answer nothing cogently yet is posited as a cause for everything. Evolution is limited in it's application and can actually answer things with evidence.

"God did it" is an assumption (assertion) without a shred of evidence.

Wnen you say evolution I assume you mean biological evolution.
Biological evolution is a scientific fact but the details of this can actually be modified as more information comes to hand. No assumptjons enter into this process of knowledge.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.