Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK We Heard Three Visions for Saving the Planet Last Night. Only One Will Work.

"Last night’s climate town hall was seven hours long. You can be forgiven for not watching the whole thing; I didn’t. But if you tuned in for a two-hour stretch in the middle, you got to see the Democratic primary race’s three top contenders — Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders — lay out their visions for how to solve the climate crisis. And they were very different visions.

Biden promised a return to the old status quo. Warren promised carrots and sticks to make corporations behave more sustainably. And Sanders promised to wrest control of the future from for-profit interests. The clock is ticking, and the choice is clear."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't see Bernie's plan as being realistic in the time we have.

Whose plan do you prefer?

@WilliamCharles I'm still finding out what the plans are. Based on the little I've found out thus far, I'm expecting to not like any of them.

@bingst

What would you suggest yourself?

@WilliamCharles I'm actually working on that. Including specifics, like funding the building of biorefineries in order to make renewable fuels (net zero carbon dioxide emissions), because there's no way in hell we're going to replace 250 million cars in the US in just 10 years. Along with that, funding to expand biomass production. The Dept. of Energy has actually already done a lot of work about all this, even investing in pilot plants.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.