Agnostic.com

8 2

At what point

At what point does it become redundant to explain to religious people that atheism ismt a religion at all? Ive tried and tried to explain to these dogmatic believers that atheism to me anyway doesnt have a belief structure at all, and that the only thing that i do fallow is evidence. Im not at all trying to convert anyone, im just tired of these moronic statements that theists seem to believe and id like to see thaughts on the correct or more accurate way on adressing this major issue in the bible belt

Atheistic1 4 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve never felt it’s my responsibility to educate them. Somebody dropped the ball, but I’m not going to chase it 🙂 It’s up to them to prove their mythical beliefs to us; we have none, thus no need to prove anything.

It does appear to be the latest ..rebuttal tactic of the religious, attempting to claim we’re just as bad as they are. I’ve had it used on me in a couple recent real-life exchanges.. Our responses should reflect how we feel, like yours.. which shows they’ve come from within us and are not a coordinated attack on religion.

Varn Level 8 Sep 6, 2019

Considering the delusional nature of most, a very long to especially where you are

I don’t live where you do...thankfully, but I can’t help thinking you would be better not wasting your time and energy. Let them believe what they like about you, you don’t have to justify being a critical thinker to anyone, the futility of trying to explain what is clearly beyond their comprehension is obvious.

Move out of the bible belt ?

I like the "atheism is a religion like off is a tv channel" comparison. Simple and concise

Remi Level 7 Sep 6, 2019

The concept of believing in nothing is a very difficult concept for them to grasp for some reason.

And I don't look at it as a fight, I look at it as an intellectual challenge

I think the reason why I do it is partially because it's kinda fun to see their reactions when you point out the fallacies of their religions and their "holy" book

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.