Agnostic.com

3 1

Brainwashed with parental help

Have believers in Jesus as if he were God (a human deceased 2 thousand years +) been brainwashed by organized religion with help from their own parents?

Olli 3 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep. Without parental brainwashing the myths would have died out long ago.

I was certainly taught to believe this by my parents; and I did. Part of my coming to terms with letting go of this belief was actually saying the words out loud, not just thinking them: "Jesus is not God." I was extremely nervous about vocalizing that thought, but I felt I had to do it. One could say it was part of the deprogramming process that was going on in my brain.

This, of course, was after I had left organized religion and was doing some research into the Bible (its origins, etc), but before I became an atheist. I still believed there was a god of some sort, but that Jesus was not part of any triune god and was simply a man who, through myths told and written about him, had been eventually turned into this god.

PS: It should be said that I was taught that even some people who believed in Jesus, but believed the wrong things about him, could find themselves in hell. One had to believe that he was God in the flesh, had physically risen from the dead, and that no works you do whatsoever have anything to do with your salvation; and if you even thought that works were part of it, you were not trusting totally in Jesus to save you and were at risk of not actually being saved.

It's the Greatest Con Job Ever Told. And brainwashed people will grow up to help brainwash their own kids. And so the cycle repeats, ad nauseam!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.