Agnostic.com

41 4

If you had to kill your own meat would you?

I am curious how many people would be vegan or vegetarian, if they had to slaughter their own meat, or watch it be killed? I know it doesn’t bother everyone. I have family that hunts, skins, and cleans their kill. I also do not preach to those who choose to eat meat. It’s your life, live it how you want. I do think many people choose to ignore the actual process of meat getting to the store, all cleaned up and packaged neatly. I also wonder for those who hunt yet claim to love animals, how does that go hand in hand? I’m not judging, I really am curious. Aberham Twerski said this regarding love: “‘Young man. Why are you eating that fish?’ The young mans says, ‘Because I love fish.’ He says, ‘Oh. You love the fish. That’s why you took it out of the water and killed it and boiled it.’ He says, ‘Don’t tell me you love the fish. You love yourself, and because the fish tastes good to you; therefore, you took it out of the water and killed it and boiled it.’

BohoHeathen 8 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (51 - 41)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:400496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.