Agnostic.com

2 1

Why pray for me?

Why the hell would you pray for me? What good would it do? Is it going to cure my crushing depression? Is it gonna cure my PTSD? Will it stop these dreams of when I almost died? When will I stop having those dreams? Why can't you just set aside your personal philosophy and just be nice? Can you not just tell me I'm doing fine and everything will be ok? Will it? Should I give up? Can't I just sleep some more?

Jlockwood23 2 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm reading this book about depression:

[amazon.com]

It's rather mind-altering on the subject. And empowering. I highly recommend it.

There, that's way more useful than praying for you 🙂

Even though I may be among the most "hard" of atheist on this site, I was a christian.
Why pray for you?

1. It is often an impulsive thing to say, much like thank you when some one hold s a door. It is just second nature o say it. It does not mean they have any actual intent to do so.
  2. They may feel helpless. They may actually care and wish to "do what they can" even though they may have no actual expatation for they prayers to work. Its just a "good idea."
  3. They may want to sound good or Christiany as I put it.
  4. They may actually belive that theier magical sky daddy will help.

I am a veteran. I was a 8404 Hospital Corpsman. It is my hope that you have sought counseling and appropiate care to include proper doctor ordered medication if necessary.It can and does help many. I can not help personally either. I do want you to know I do care and wish you the best.
There, I have given a little advise, expressed my real concern and admitted my inability to personally help. No god, no prayers, no bull crap. I do hope you respond and get proper medical help if you have not. I wish you the best and thank you for your service.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.