Agnostic.com

18 4

As an atheist do you fear death?

What are your feelings about death and what should be done with your body. I have donated to medical research and feel this is the best thing I can do with a worn out body. Maybe it will help someone live longer or better because of what they be able to find.

Marine 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love my best life right here right now I love I live I laugh.
This body can go to science or in my case science fiction lol

By the time I was 11 and lost my First Best Friend I knew Death was Warrant for All of us. I Been Ready and Prepared for many years now... but Mind You... I Like It Here Where I Am.

I've said before I don't fear death. It's how I die that I fear like being eaten alive or drowning or.... you get the point.

SamL Level 7 Dec 30, 2017

I will fear everything I don't know because I have No Full Understanding of what it is... but I am about to Find out One day for sure I guess and finding out.... that, I Don't Fear.

I did not fear coming into this world why would I fear leaving it? Death comes to all living things, it is part of life, it is nothing to be feared it is just to be put off for as long as you can.

Can you remember what it felt like before you was born? No of course not. You felt nothing. No pain, no fear and no joy. Simply nothing. That's what death will be like. Enjoy life now. Live each day as though it is your last. Live and let live.

I absolutely do not want to die. As an Agnostic I have no idea what goes on after death. So I more than fear that nothing happens. A future of nothing sucks.

Oh HELL yes, I enjoy life and living, do everything I can to go on breathing. Enjoy waking in the mornings, doing my breathing medicine, waiting for my romantic love to awake, reading the news, bitching about tRump on fb. The kids call every day, and hearing about their day. Not only no, but hell no I'm not ready to die, won't ever be ready to die. When the time comes, I'm thinking maybe I just won't go.

As a believer I did as I believed that I would be judged of every single religiously wrong thing I did and be graphically tortured for it with no way of coming back to make things right.

As an agnostic, I see death as a relief but not in a depressive way

I welcome the eternal embrace of the Void.

Death comes to all off us. I don't fear death. I had cancer twice and fear never came into my mind. Sometimes regrets because I was not ready yet. There is so much more to experience. As an atheist you have more to live for. I believe you experience life better without fear of any afterlife. Enjoy, experience life, leave a legacy. You only have one chance.

Very well said. I too believe as you do. Live everyday like it may be your last.

Of course I do, the Idea of eternal nothingness, a concept i can't even begin to fathom, terrifies me to no end.

Well just think of worshiping someone for an eternity , that would be boring!

You're never truly living until you understand what death is. With that being said, I do not fear death. Scared to death of dying, but death I do not fear. I am a donor, and I wish to be cremated in a Viking tradition. I hope that when I do die the things I do, have done, and will do; will allow my name to live forever.

Very nice position. Mine is similar.

It is illogical to fear that which cannot be avoided.
Sometimes my logic is clouded.

That caught my eye, i am a Multiple Sclerosis patient and had a cancer scare just before my diagnosis, I do not fear death, I am at peace with my place in the circle of life (apologies, I just watched the Lion King)

Great perspective , keep it up and live every day as it might be your last so you will have no regrets.

I don't fear being dead, I won't even know I'm dead or miss being alive.
I am afraid of some of the ways of getting dead though.

For me no.. couse death is not something scary for me

I just would like the right to decide to die if I have a disease or am in pain.

Death is inevitable, it is pointless to fear it, yet it makes life as valuable as it is fragile.
Thus it is the great motivator to experience and achieve and be as much as we can be in our short time as living beings.

I would just like the right to decide my death if I was in pain or had a disease which was unbearable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.