Agnostic.com

6 0

I've seen people refer to themselves as being of religion before realising their new way of thinking. But my question is; is there anyone who didn't start with religion but, like me, has always not believed? I've always been atheist as long as I can remember even as a child.

alistair 4 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always been an atheist. I've never believed in any sort of god.

I never was religious; I was born into an Atheist family.

I was raised in a very spiritual/religious environment, so, like most children, I believed what I was being told by the adults around me. I was probably seven or eight before logic started causing me to question what I was being told. I had to muddle my own way through to atheism through a religion-saturated environment.

Not the only one - my parents were both atheist, so I didn't know there was anything else until I got to school and people were baffled by my lack of knowledge of any religion.

Everyone is born an atheist until indoctrination.

I'm right there with you. My mother is a theist so I'm sure I was a theist of sorts, however, due to Reye's Syndrome and a following coma that sickness was wiped clean.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.