Agnostic.com

3 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just read where doctors are prescribing to go out in nature.
[pbs.org]

I think many of us already knew that, in our thoughts and feelings. NPR talked about the study yesterday.

I especially think it helps with the seasons changing. The days are getting shorter here in the Midwest and less sunlight and greenery is just around the corner. I make an effort to get outside this time of year and into the winter months since it combats seasonal depression and 'cabin fever' when the snow starts flying. I have some favorite hiking spots here in the town I live. Even if it's only for 30 minutes, a walk is doing what are bodies were meant to do: MOVE!

Yep. I have a young German Shepherd with lots of energy, and we walk twice a day, once in the cemetery across the street, where at least it is quiet, with lots of trees and birds.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:406853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.