Agnostic.com

7 1

IS STRING THEORY RELATED TO THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES?

The ancients had an idea of celestial harmonies flowing through creation. The language Sanskrit was developed by the patterns sand makes on a beaten drum.

Music is caused by vibrations in the air as perceived by our neural system.

Modern String Theory posits mass (creation) is caused by vibration in a field. Some say this vibration is also the cause of consciousness (Cosmic Consciousness).

Do you think this connection between String Theory & ancient belief could be so???

Remiforce 7 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Probably not but quantum mechanics maybe

What does this mean? As far as I know, there is a profound relationship between string theory & quantum mechanics

Modern life is too frenetic for most to correlate between music of the spheres and vibration in a field. Maybe ideas for historians and scientists. Who would think about correlations between sand patterns, musical vibrations, string theory, and cosmic consciousness? Scientists? I figure there probably aren't strong correlations between those theories in mainstream awareness. Those esoteric thoughts might preoccupy only scientists.

This is pretty sophisticated stuff & only deep scientists, philosophers, historians& such will really get into it. Most people have more pressing concerns like taking care of jobs, families, & their lives. But I am naive enough to believe some people will want to be aware such issues exist

g-strings are.

g-strings are some of my favorite strings

I’m sure the ancients had not picked up on anything undetectable to those who’ve come after… I love the theory, though!

Many have asked the meaning, or purpose to life.. Perhaps it’s to answer our questions … from any dimension ~

Varn Level 8 Sep 30, 2019

I think the ancients, in deep meditation, may have had intuitions of things modern science is only beginning to explore.

I think the purpose we choose for our lives, for those of us who question, is to answer our questions as best we can

There could certainly be a connection and it is a valid topic for consideration. I doubt we’ll reach any kind of resolution here. I’m not holding my breath.

That’s interesting about the Sanskrit. Do you have a reference handy?

I'll have to research this further. I have heard it many times from many sources. It is said the shapes of the Sanskrit written letters is based on the various vibrations on the drum. The mantra "om" is said to be the primal or most basic sound

I have also heard it said the shapes of Sanskrit letters were formed by meditating on the shapes in fire

Thank you for your very definitive answer

Correlation does not equate to common causation. But it is a common fallacy behind nearly all Woo to think so.

Correlation is not causation, but we're not talking about causation here. The question is whether the supposed insight of the ancients correlates with the insight of modern science

@Remiforce Then it is still No. The fact that two people us a common metaphor does not mean that they are talking about the same thing either. Because people who believed in witches saw them flying through the air with cats on their broomsticks, it does not mean they were forshadowing Schrodinger's cat. With limited material for metaphor available in the past, people were bound to reuse the same things over and over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.