Agnostic.com

4 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I knew it since 1987 when I lived in New York. I used to follow him in newspapers, magazine and on TV regularly. Not once, I remember watching him or reading about him going to church. He often talked about women's right to choose too.

But is it any important at all? Trump voters will tell you that his extra marital escapades, lying, law breaking, tax evading..... none of this mattered in 2016. His Access Hollywood tape broke on TV during the campaign. People did not worry because we were so sure that Hillary would win.

So what happened? We found out that voters were fed up of the same Washington politics of Republicans and Democrats alike of doing nothing, bickering, squabbling, infighting, the revolving door to use government positions for lobbying, bring the same old political hacks for policy making for ambassadorships and so on..... Nothing was getting done through Government shut downs, deadlocks.... . So people decided to bring an outsiders to kick ass.

Therefore, the voters have already decided that his morality, character do not matter. His actions on long pending issues of illegal immigration, making better trade agreements with nations to stop increasing huge trade deficits, reduce regulations etc. were more important to them.

If we democrats bring up the same issues again, it will be useless. Those issues are already settled. Telling Trump is a liar will not change any votes. We should spend more time on thinking why we choose lousy candidates like Hillary in the first place.

Except that he hasn't made any better trade deals; his understanding of what causes trade deficits is on the level of a 5 year old. Deficits are caused by Americans buying more finished goods from abroad, not by those naughty foreigners refusing to buy American. His solutions to immigration and the like are actually behind the curve since illegal immigration has been going down for years and his "response" has been to tell asylum seekers that they should just go back and be tortured. "Reducing regulations" has been a Republican plank forever, there's nothing new in Trump spouting it.

And so Trump came to DC, used his position to appoint his family and close friends to influential positions, used his office to enrich himself because foreign dignitaries (who know which side their bread is buttered on) stay in Trump hotels when they come to visit, cut a deal with Putin to build a Trump hotel in Russia while campaigning for the White House, and also did nothing, other than cut taxes on the rich. The guy who claimed he would be different- surprise!!- lied. And lied about lying. And yet his fans somehow defend him and ignore his lies.

By "lousy candidates" I assume you mean "competent people who would have been a quantum improvement over the moron currently in office". I don't know why I have to remind people of this, but Clinton won the popular vote.

@Paul4747 No, I meant lousy as in outright 'bad and incompetent' to run a campaign and win a presidential election. Michael Dukakis, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton belong to that category.

The rule to win the White House was not to win the popular vote, it was to win the electoral vote.I do not know when the Hillary fanatics will stop whining.

@St-Sinner You say that as if Trump thought he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning either one. He was prepared to challenge the vote until he realized he had somehow won the electoral college. And yet he still whines because he did not win the popular vote, and conjures up "millions of illegal votes" because he can't stand the thought of not being the winner at everything. It's Trump and his supporters who are whining.

I'm done with you (again).

@Paul4747
Trump won because Hillary beat Hillary who we are so proud of.

I think that Bruce Gerencser has it wrong. He is parroting the media story that DT was put into office by “evangelicals”. DT was actually put into office by a broad spectrum of voters across the country, and religion had little to do with it IMO.

The term “evangelical”, as used by left wing media outlets, is just a fabrication used to create division and fear.

I don't remember that. He's just asking why evangelicals have sold out to the Republican party, andnow to the worst one we've seen in living memory.

All politicians care mainly about ego gratification through the attainment of power. In order to hold onto power they sometimes fulfill a few of their campaign promises, which might incidentally benefit the country, or incidentally harm the country.

Dear Donnie cares about HIMSELF, period.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.