Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Ten Recent Democratic Primary Polls Good for Bernie Sanders Ignored by the Conventional Wisdom - CounterPunch.org

"The conventional wisdom for the Democratic Primary right now is that Senator Bernie Sanders is fading while Senator Elizabeth Warren is rising into a two-way race with former Vice-President Joe Biden. Nate Silver made the case after Debate 3 (September 12) in article form and has continued, via Twitter, to cherry-pick polls to fit this beatified narrative.I am a bit loathe to engage in the exercise that follows — that is to highlight the evidence that runs counter to this narrative. While it feels a bit like cherry-picking in the opposite direction, it also just is a necessary counter-weight to a herding instinct that does not adequately describe where the race is currently on average or in terms of a view of the race with delegates and chronology in mind, let alone one that analyzes things with an in-depth understanding of demographics like age, race/ethnicity, and education level."

WilliamCharles 8 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You'd think people would realize how bogus msm polls are. They use the very same pollers that assured us HRC would kick Trump's ass. Even with cheating she lost to a cheeto.

Right now, Bernie is defeating Bernie. Nobody else is.

Bernie is doing quite well despite the built in obstacles.

Curious who you support. You'd love it over at the Balloon Juice blog. They dump on Bernie all the time.

@WilliamCharles

Now I am leaning to Elizabeth Warren because she sounds pragmatic. I want to win, not just dream.

The obstacles you are talking about are huge, not small. I am only pointing out why Bernie cannot win in spite of his fund raising and follower enthusiasm. It is one thing in the primaries and another in the general. I want Democrats to win but do not like candidates fooling voters with a pie in sky that they know they cannot deliver.

@St-Sinner

Bernie would have won in 2016 had he not been cheated (as well as had a substantial coattail effect on the down ballot races). He pulls in a large block of voters of independents and the disaffected who stayed home because Hillary did not energize the base. Bernie was up on Trump by 10pts in the general election poll numbers whereas Hillary was in a statistical tie.

Hillary billed herself as "a progressive with results" which was total horseshit. Warren backpedals too much on posions worth defenfing. Her not supporting Medicare for All is enough for me to reject her. Unless the "Blue no matter who" crew are lying, Bernie would lock in those votes, as well as bring in substantial numbers of voters tired of Dem business as usual.

A Bernie administration will be a long overdue sea change in American politics. It's why the "anti-establishment" Trump won in 2016. Warren promises pretty much the Dem same old same old.

@WilliamCharles Why do you still argue with devil guy?

@WilliamCharles

It is a myth. Bernie would not have won but in fact brought upon a huge defeat of historic proportions. Books would have written and taught in Harvard about what not to do in presidential elections, there would be a mass exodus from the Democratic party, Democrats would not have the Presidency, the Senate or the House for another 30 years, Democrats would be embarrassed to be called Democrats, possibly a third party would have be created, new rule would passed to allow only a registered Democrat to run for the Democratic Party ticket and worse of all we would be ruled by religion and corporations for the rest of the generation.

The myth that Bernie would have won in 2016 exists only in the heads of the Bernie fanatics. American voters in general are not that stupid. They weigh winnability more than the paper policies and Utopian dreams sold as elixir during elections.

Tons of good things are long overdue in America. But we are not Sweden, not Norway and not Denmark as he keeps pointing out. He forgets the very important rule..... "We go to war with what we have, not what we would like to have, not with we wish we had. We fight with the reality on the ground to win."

Bernie is a cheap dream peddler. He does not belong to the Democratic Party. He has not chosen to become a Democrat and voters will not allow a long time independent to hijack the ticket to get to the White House. It will not happen.

Last but not the east, winner win, not whine after losing.

@WilliamCharles

I can understand that there are tons of articles and opinion pieces written to support all types of arguments including the most ridiculous opinions. That does not mean Bernie is a candidate who is good, pragmatic and can win. I have already given long lists of reasons why Bernie cannot win.

There is a reason why Bernie is faltering again an is struggling for the second place with Elizabeth Warren who came from nowhere. It is because Bernie has not been able to make the sale beyond his fanatical base. His reach is limited to ultra liberals.

Our nation is largely conservative. The American South is not giving us the woman's right to choose for decades after Roe vs Wade, still resisting Gay marriages, did not elect a Mormon (Jesus followers) and you think it is now ready to elect a Jewish president?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:409056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.