Agnostic.com

8 0

What’s good for keeping rats away from vehicle?

I’m going to have to have my truck parked in a certain area for a few months until I can get some other things under control money wise before I can get my truck fixed. A friend of mine told me I’m more than welcome to keep it parked on his property for a little while, but the only problem is his area is badly infested with rats and this is something he nicely warned me about, but I have absolutely nowhere else to put my truck for a few months, unfortunately and needed to know what could I use or what would be best for the time to use to keep rats away from doing any type of damage?

EmeraldJewel 7 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Employing my brother-in-law who loves guns and hates vermin!

TOMCAT Rat Killer is an effective liquid bait for the control of both rats and mice; Gives exceptional control of rodents under dry conditions. I mix it with a quart of water and leave it where only rats and mice can get to it.

Peppermint... I'm serious...

cats on strings.....jk. poison?

Get a 70 lb bag of corn after they finish that get another . Or a couple of big cats .

Much of the wiring inside vehicles includes soy products for their coating. IN tough times, rats, chipmunks, etc. sense some nutritional value. My main recommendation is not to store your vehicle outside.

axleaddict.com--Excellent article on keeping rats away from your car.

Put down a cheap surround (pallet wood!) And a couple bags of gravel...like coarse 1/2"-3/4" pieces, about 1/2 deep should do.. Park on that. Mice rats, snakes, etc. Hate the sharp surfaces! You are right to take precautions, they can & will eat wiring, upholstery, etc etc. Kudos to your friend for speaking up!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:409435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.