Agnostic.com

5 2

Why do random people feel it's appropriate or nice to ask what happened to my face?

Yeah, it's embarrassing having been born with physical defect. Why do people think it's a nice question to ask people about a deformity of any kind? Can't people overlook that and refrain from ever asking the question? I have a cleft lip and palate. It's embarrassing to people with any disability of any kind to have be asked by every random stranger not minding their own business, why they look like that. Are they curious or are they being a dick? Some random guy asked what was wrong with my face. I politely told him I was born that way. I don't ask anyone that is physically disabled what happened to them, because I know how it feels to be asked. Some people just have to be so nosy.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christians seem to have the power to find faults in others in order to feel better about themselves. Agent orange (roundup) has brought cleft palates etc into fashion, another 50 years you'll be considered a freak if you don't have one.

Who's Agent Orange?

@Sarahroo29 it's the poison defoliant used in Vietnam war, many vets children born with cleft palates etc. Called Roundup, many use in their gardens today.
It changes your genes (some believe)

@Fudomyoo Oh, yeah. Now I remember the video on that I saw on FB. I thought you were talking of Trump?

They are typical average lowlifes.

I agree with you there.

Because people are rude and stupid

Yep.

I get the same questions..what happened to you..you're so young..Some people are honestly inquisitive, some are just being dicks without any manners. Unfortunately as far as we've come with LGBQ+, disabilities are still bottom of the rung

Now everyone asks, "Are you a guy or a girl?"

@Sarahroo29 naw I can say I've never gotten that one

@ashortbeauty With the trans people coming out, I meant. I'm not trans.

@Sarahroo29 ah gotcha

Because they're morons with no manners!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

I concur.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40980
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.