Agnostic.com

7 2

What one book would you keep?

I'm trying very hard to downsize. That means I need to get rid of lots of books. With that effort in mind, I decided to make myself pick the one book I would keep if I could only keep one book. The book I would keep is the "Cyclopedia of Literary Characters". It would be interesting to know what other people on this site would keep.

Lorajay 9 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All of my college Mathematics books and my college Human Geography book.

I would not really want to part with any of them. When I downsized my collection in the past, even getting rid of books I had no interest in and had not looked at for years, usually about twelve months later, I think, I must read up about that, and its always one of those I parted with that I want.

If I had to have one book with me in prison or on a desert island perhaps, then, H.G. Wells, The Outline of World History. Such an easy read, and I learn something every time I dip in.

But but but, the best books are part of a seeeeries.

Honestly I don't think I could pick just one. If I had to choose, I'd pick "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran even though it's just mostly nonsense. It's fun to read.

I ll get rid of clothes and useless decoration items and anything else b4 I get rid of any of my books . If I have to live in a one bedroom apartment , I will still keep all my books some how . They are my friends . I love them .

Bradshaw’s Guide (Bradshaw's Descriptive Railway Hand-Book of Great Britain and Ireland)

I keep my Thomas Berger novels and a few other books. If Berger's books were on audio, I'd probably lose the hard copies.

Bhagavad Gita.

In English?

@Lorajay Yes, in my next life I might know Sanskrit. πŸ™‚

I’ve started reading books on my iPhone. It’s cheaper and requires no shelf space at all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:411003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.