Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK What would it take for us to truly protect our planet?

After meeting so many environmentalists, philosophers, scientists, hippies, activists, atheists, religious, educators, politicians, writers, etc. There is still no serious changes in improving our environment. We're killing the planet so fast - I'm deeply concerned about this & wondering why we're so passive to get anything done?

DeafGypsy 5 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First, change the focus from the Earth to humans as the Earth, as George Carlin said not long before dying, "will be fine" as it will just "shuck off" humans at some point and continue on. Realize that a number of cultures, like the Chinese, and religions, like Abrahanic ones, see the Earth as theirs to use as they please. Thus, no concern about environmental change.

It is all about the money.

“To save this planet, we need a serious resistance movement that can bring down the industrial economy. Deep Green Resistance evaluates strategic options for resistance, from nonviolence to guerrilla warfare, and the conditions required for those options to be successful. It provides an exploration of organizational structures, recruitment, security, and target selection for both aboveground and underground action.”
Deep Green Resistance

This is some serious and radical stuff. Jensen is calling for guerrilla warfare to bring down the industrial economy. What percentage of humanity do you think would survive if the industrial economy is brought down? Global warming is very slight and no one knows if it will continue. Destruction of the means to live would be quick, certain, and deadly.

I’ll take climate change.

Eliminate the humans, most everything will come back.

Leave it up to AI. Once the machines take over, they will establish their own priorities with extremely long term goals.

I too am really concerned. It may be too late ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:412675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.