Agnostic.com

47 22

Have you ever been asked, "What Church do you go too?' by your boss?

Living in the Bible belt has prepared me for this, and I have some useful tricks for getting around this question, that seems to work well.

I started a new job today, and I'm summoned to sit down with my new boss, and his third or fourth question to me was "What Church do you go to?" It's unlike me to dodge that question but being that it's my first day and it's my boss asking I don't want to start off my Job on the wrong foot. So, I used a rehearsed and honest response as a way to avoid answering the question. I said, "oh churches can be a lot of fun, but just like Jesus said, "Many shall come in my name and deceive many." So I don't go to Church to be taught what to believe. I investigate and research and ask questions on my own, and I think I know the Bible better than most people who do go to church. My boss just nodded his head and went on to business. However, be prepared for a common follow up question, What's your favorite quote from the Bible? (This is commonly asked as a test question to see if you are a good Christian), The best response to this is, “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." That usually shuts them down, because what the Bible is saying is don't show off your righteousness.

I didn't come up with that right then and there of course. I have that in my mental arsenal for anytime I need to dodge the question using honesty. If you noticed I never lied, I just manipulated a little.

paul1967 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (51 - 47)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.