Agnostic.com

3 10

Flowers in November delight me

"I'm looking at your flowers," Rich said from the couch. My south-facing deck creates a warm micro-climate. With a roof overhead, it is protected on three sides by the building.

Freezing temperatures this week! After dark, I cover the pots with a flannel sheet like tucking them into bed.

This morning, golden sunrise blazed on red geraniums. The yellow flowers regrew after dying back in August. Plucky little guys!

It kills me to dig out blooming flowers in December to make way for winter decorations.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We brought our Christmas cactus in last week because of falling temperatures were right on Lake Erie. But me thinks it has a critical timing error. πŸ€”

@oldFloyd

Beautiful Christmas cactus! Yours may be a "Thanksgiving" type of Christmas cactus like mine.

"Thanksgiving" Christmas cactus typically bloom from November to April.

@LiterateHiker I like the colors, ours was bigger but we have some hungry deer that don't mind coming up on the front porch for a snack. (Rat bastards) πŸ˜†

@LiterateHiker Lady friend gave me a Christmas cactus during the summer. The dang thing is loaded with flower buds now. So it must be getting ready for Thanksgiving.

These are beautiful Kathleen, I don’t think we still have summer flowers blooming here like these. Anyway I need to get my head showered after leaving a reply on Hot Hunks that surprised me....looking at your beautiful pictures has restored my equilibrium..so thank you!

You sure have a way with your words,very beautiful and descriptive

@RoyMillar

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.