Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Sex on the brain - Aeon Essays

Didn't know where to put this article about gender issues, so I put it here.

Tomfoolery33 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The RIGHT: no climate change
The LEFT: men and women are the same

Both fucking idiotic.

I don’t understand how anyone could think for one minute that male and female bodies are not innately very different. This article dances around the issue and pretends that it is an open question. One is not better than the other—each excels in its area of specialty, but they are definitely different.

Our bodies are animal bodies, but we are not our bodies. Our higher selves are neither male nor female but consist of pure conscious awareness. That is nothing but my opinion, based on intuitive insights, so please don’t ask for proof.

Of course the bodies are different, but that's not what the article is about. It's about the arguments about mental and behavioral differences and similarities.

@Tomfoolery33 I know, but those bodily differences are what’s behind the other differences, at least in my opinion. Boys develop testosterone which leads to all kinds of different behavior patterns. And it is acknowledged that there are at least some brain differences. Anyone who has raised sons and daughters must surely have observed the differences.

It is very easy to observe those differences in some of our animal cousins. Whether cultural or innate, differences are good. Vive la difference!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:419062
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.