Agnostic.com

12 1

Under fear of death, who would you say had the better music? Lennon or McCartney?

Imagine a band on the run?

atheist 8 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They were best when they worked together.

I'll always be a diehard George Harrison fan, but if I had to choose between the two, I would probably have to say Paul. By a small margin though.

I like Pauls melodies, but John's lyrics....tough call...so if music, means 'no words', then Paul (who died in 1966)

the chemistry seemed necessary. Lennon continued to have some punch, Paul nada but together they were the best

I wouldn't die for either. I do like them both.
I guess Sir Paul.
Lennon/Harrison might be more interesting than some Sir Paul's silly love songs. They've all written good stufff. The music of a generation.

Difficult to choose. I think McCartney was more of a pop song writer wheras Lennon was more willing to take chances. #9 Dream is my favorite Lennon song. I would have to pick McCartney just because he has a larger catalog to choose from due to the untimely death of Lennon.

Lennon by far! McCartney wrote some good songs in The Beatles (Yesterday, for example), but then ruined it all with the tripe he wrote afterwards.

Harrison was always hit-and-miss, but he wrote Blue Jay Way and with that one song proved himself to be up there with the other two.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

That's a toughie! I'd have to say Lennon. No, wait. McCartney. Hold it. I meant Lennon. Wait...

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Oh, that's easy! The one that's still alive.

@Deb57 yeah the alternative would be messy

.Paul is a better musician, his melodies, harmonies, counterpoint, precision. John is an artist and one of his palettes is his music, emotional, raw, messy, spontaneous, inventive, beautiful and ugly. I prefer to listen to John
Its like comparing Rembrandt to Van Gogh.

We'll never know what John would have done had he lived until now.

@atheist It's weird that you made this post. Earlier today I was listening to Stevie Ray and I wondered what he might have done over the years.

@atheist I got to see Stevie in Chicago about a month or so before he died. A few of my friends were at his last show.

Oh Man - Not touching this one with a 10 foot poll!
Plus, I always liked George Harrison. 😉

Harsh judgment, @atheist, so harsh!

😉

@atheist I like who I like, I think he was underrated. ?

@atheist Alright, OK is good. Thank you. 😉

Paul McCartney is a narcisstic , lying , egotistical, blowhard. John Lennon had a rough childhood , you can feel it in his songs.

@atheist You know it brother.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.