Agnostic.com

4 2

IS CHANGE GOD?

The one thing no one & nothing can resist is change, therefore is change god?

Also what is change? It is not a thing. It appears to be an idea of a process . Can an idea be god?

#god
Remiforce 7 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe god is everything.

This is the pantheist cancept. But if god is everything, maybe god is nothing. Since everything exists (or everything that exists exists) then what does god have to do with it. It is assuming an entity doppleganger for everything, a tautology

@Remiforce I agree that such a definition of God is not very useful. We might as well drop the word from the language.

God always was an idea, but while you can test the idea of change, the idea of god is untestable. Therefore since I can also test the idea of my kitchen table, by that logic, my kitchen table may be god.

New proof that God exists:

Definition of God: God is everything.

1. By personal experience I am consciously aware, therefore conscious awareness exists.

2. At least one thing exists. Therefore God exists.

The holy grail has been discovered. Atheism is undone. The site can close down. 🙂

@WilliamFleming Believe you me, I have heard that one used for real. Dressed up fancy, but the same basic logic.

Change is an idea & god is an idea, but that doesn't mean change is god. We can test the idea of change empirically by just watching what happens around us--it will change. But how do you empirically test the idea of god. It is a concept without content

@WilliamFleming What does it mean to say god is everything. If god is everything, then god is also nothing, since nothing is something.

Maybe one thing at least exists, your conscious awareness, but is you are saying that is the only thing that exists & all that exists is god, you are claiming to be god--a dangerous concept

@Remiforce I can postulate that I am an aspect of God without saying that I am all that God is.

But what I actually think is that “I” as a separate entity in a body, am nothing, and that conscious awareness is what exists.

Where’s the danger of claiming to be God? If I am God, so is everyone else. So is my dog friend.

@Remiforce Cant imagine why claiming to be god is a dangerous concept any more than claiming to ba a station master!

Change is process but only viewable from the one subject to change. Change as a grand narrative is perpetual, it is the lifeblood of all subjective reality, however from an individual tic viewpoints change covers many patterns.

No one really knows what they mean when they say god, it’s a weasel word that covers a multitude of positions.

So change is not ‘god’ enough unless there is a consensus as to what god is. Until that point we will continue to struggle with its meaning outside of a thousand different contexts where at least 99% of the interpretations are wrong.

An easy one. There is no God so God can't be change. If your wife changes up the menu for dinner the next night maybe your wife is God

lerlo Level 8 Oct 31, 2019

Saying there is no god is an assumption, because there is no clear definition of god, so no one knows if it exists or doesn't exist.

Maybe your wife's change of the dinner menu is the closest you will ever come to god, for that is definitely an inscrutable power

@Remiforce Sorry, "no unicorns" is an assumption too but until you have some proof otherwise, doesn't exist...like the tooth fairy and little kids' imaginary friends. You can make up anything you want and say it exists but it doesnt make it so. Apparently you didnt get my "change" example. If you don't think the wife changing the menu means that "god" isnt doing it, then you don't want an answer to your question, or you don't like that answer. Luckily there are no inscrutable powers in my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:420542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.